- Reduced lag and response time of the Storm
- Accelerometer now adjusts in under 1 second from turning
- Camera loads alot faster
- Programs load alot faster
- Faster browsing
Firmware 184.108.40.206 (as reported by boygeniusreport.com)
- Switching portrait to landscape is even faster than on .75. We’re talking half a second to make a clean switch. No more “double keyboards” (half SureType, half QWERTY) on the screen.
- After around a full day of use, our battery is sitting pretty at 50%. This is probably a 25% increase over .65. We can’t say how much better it is than .75 since that wouldn’t be fair seeing as how it wasn’t in use for long, but we believe there will still be an improvement.
- There was this annoyance where you’d go to tap on an icon, it wouldn’t select if you tried to tap it fast. That’s all cleared up here…
- This was in .75, but DTMF tones in the phone application no longer lag and cause you to hit the wrong prompts, etc.
- In the browser, if you tapped once in the .65 build, the bottom navigational toolbar would hide and so would the top status bar. In .75, only the bottom bar would hide but the top bar would stay. Here in .76, both hide again.
- In the browser, when you flip to landscape, the text size is increased tremendously. It scales up to fit the width of the page. Very helpful.
- There has not been one reboot so far. In .65 there were probably two a day.
- When navigating through the music player, playing MP3s is probably 50% better than .65 and 20% better than .75. Very, very quick.
- When navigating through photos, thumbnails appear almost instantly. Even on the Bold it sometimes took a while to load, and it loaded them one-by-one. Here they basically just pop-up after a second or two.
- ...read full feedback @ boygeniusreport.com