Crackberry has posted information on how to get the unofficial BlackBerry Storm 126.96.36.199 firmware for 9530, and if you weren’t happy with version 188.8.131.52 then you can have another go with OS 184.108.40.206.
You may want to take note that this is NOT the official release, and if you decide to install then its at your own risk.
It is strange to see that there are so many leaked versions out there in just a little amount of time. I mean, it would do everyone good if BlackBerry would decide to list out top 20 or 30 bugs and then work their way to fix them. And finally release/leak out that version for user's to test them. But guess since they work this way... it is up-to bold BlackBerry lovers to treat their greatest gadget as a guinea pig.
As usual every new release brings out some new fixes and raises a few new bugs. But looking at the early reactions of testers out there, this release would make you more happier than sad.
- Accelerometer on home screen and in messaging applications (SMS, Email, AIM) seems quite improved. Much less of a "laggy" feel. Switches instantly for the most part.
- Accelerometer with the keyboard seems to work just as it should. Then again, I've never had a major problem with my keyboard not switching layouts. Maybe a second to change from portrait to landscape. Even spun it around a few times, and it didn't get "confused" with both portrait and landscape keyboards at the same time... like it has before.
- Browser page loading seems moderately improved.
- This is with 2 bars of signal, and orb rated me at 1,384kb/sec.
- Much better detection of "hovering" over links.
- Had one issue where the frontpage of Crackberry would not load and stopped at a "Loading Script" on the status bar and the black clock spinning. It eventually responded and I exited the browser.
- On camera and video camera application, the shutter bar is transparent (New Feature)
- Plays the videos taken by Video Camera. It previously gave an error "Media Type Not Supported" -- or something like that.
- Camera is a lot faster, and will autofocus like it's suppose to... even pointed at a ceiling fan on low with four bright lights attached to it. Took 2, maybe 3 seconds to focus and snap, another second to save to the SD card.
- Oh, and still no bluetooth support for video playback. I think it's safe to say by now that it was intentionally deleted and we may never see it again.
The lock button is working better then ever and locks and unlocks on every try:
Memory leak is either gone or greatly diminished:
- Lock button seems more responsive overall.
- Still randomly have to press the lock button and then tap the screen to get the icons to disappear and the screen to turn off.
- Unlocking is nearly instantaneous now.
- Previously when I rebooted I would start at ~40mb, and drop to ~38mb almost immediately. Throughout the day my memory would drop into the low 20mb at which time I'd almost always do a battery pull to avoid issues. So far my memory appears to be going UP as opposed to down. I am sitting at 44mb currently and have been for sometime. There has seemed to be no effect from the use of any of the features.
- Some users still have 57.2 MB of memory left after a complete wipe.
Other Bugs fixed (or atleast seems to be fixed)
- Photos scroll a bit faster and load smoother.
- The media player is way louder.
- The volume spike bug in the music player seems to be gone as far as I can tell.
- And most important? Word Mole opens in only 3 seconds, compared to 10+ seconds on .85, and brickbreaker had no lag.
- Bug fixed regarding alerts not being heard when receiving a new message for any instant message apps.
- Bug fixed where you're initial view for the call button is set for "call logs," it would go into contacts if you tried to make the call by pressing the call button again.
- The Rew/Pause/Stop/FF toolbar while playing Videos is much more responsive(immediate). One tap to show, one tap to hide. Before, it would show or hide the media bar whenever it felt like it.
- When clicking on hyperlinks in an email, the menu bar shows up near where you clicked... not always on the left side. Much nicer.
Help & How to: (HOW TO)
How to Backup your Blackberry Storm: Visit "Don's How to Upgrade to a Leak".
How to Download OS 220.127.116.11 for the BlackBerry Storm 9530: Visit Here
How to Upgrade your BlackBerry's Operating System: Visit Crackberry.com
Mess things up? Fix a Bricked BlackBerry: Visit Crackberry.com
Help & How to: (HELP)
Help: It wont boot, it gets stuck on media card inserted screen then suddenly it goes to the verizon screen.
Try: During the boot-up process you get a white screen with the clock spinning in the middle and a blue progress bar at the bottom. When the clock freezes as the blue progress bar is about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way across, press and hold the power button until you see a different screen, then release immediately.
Try: Perform a few battery pulls. Some users have got this fixed this after 5 to 6 battery pulls.
Help: it went to the white screen, with the message Reload software 507 or 503 screen.
Try: 507 means there's no OS...just connect to DM and load .86.
Help: I finally got the thing loaded onto my device. And even though I have it selected in apps... My browser wont show up... I went into apploader on download manager and tried adding it again. But it has a check mark and is greyed out, so I cant do anything to it... help?
Try: Go to Options> Advanced Options> Host Routing Table> hit BB button>Register Now... Wait a couple of minutes and you will get an e-mail and ur browser will appear.
Try: You need to make sure the blackberry registration message was received. If not do a battery pull or go to mobile network hit the menu button then run the diagnostics test. After it is complete you should recive the blackberry registration and your browser should show up.
Help: My Download Manager does not do anything. I deleted the vendor.xml, disconnected from the internet, closed DM, opened DM back up, connected my phone and went to apploader........nothing.
Try: Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Then double click the Loader application (looks like a phone)
- When you are on the main home screen and you lightly press on an icon, it shows its text and name then dissapears after 5 seconds.
- On camera and video camera app, the shutter bar is transparent.